If you are someone who is considering dental implants or just had your dental implant procedure, you need to make sure you practice good dental implant care. To ensure the longevity and beauty of your implants, it’s crucial to practice effective dental implant care.
- Your dental implants can be gently cleaned with a soft nylon brush with pliable bristles.
- Instead of using metal tools to reach difficult-to-reach places, think about using a Proxabrush.
- Hard-bristled toothbrushes should be avoided as they could scratch the surface of the implant.
Selecting Oral Care Products
- To avoid discomfort, use mouthwash and toothpaste that is gentler.
- Steer clear of products that are abrasive or have strong flavors like cinnamon or mint.
- To avoid plaque accumulation around your implants, floss every day.
- For the best results, use floss made for dental implants.
- Setting reminders on your phone, keeping floss in your car or purse, rewarding yourself for flossing on a regular basis, incorporating it into TV time, and considering a Waterpik for added convenience are some tips for consistent flossing.
- Steer clear of foods that are sticky or hard to avoid damaging your implants.
- Things like ice, caramel, hard candies, and crunchy snacks should be avoided.
- Give up smoking and drink less alcohol, particularly in the first six months after implant healing.
- Both smoking and binge drinking too much alcohol can make recovery more difficult.
Frequent dental examinations
- Make dental appointments every two years to keep an eye on your general oral health.
- Frequent examinations guarantee early identification of any possible problems, extending the life of your implants.
Immediate Aftercare Advice
- Use ice packs and biting on the provided sponges to reduce pain and swelling within the first 24 hours.
- For the first eight to twelve hours, keep your head up and try not to move too much.
- For the first twenty-four hours, limit your intake to soft foods and drinks.
- Take your medications as directed, and for the first twenty-four hours, do not rinse your mouth.
- After the procedure, make arrangements for a ride home; do not drive yourself.
Reserve a FREE Consultation Today!
You can prolong the life of your dental implants and maintain a beautiful smile for many years by following these recommendations. ARCHPOINT has been changing the lives of patients for many years and providing outstanding results. Don’t just take our word for it! – Check out our Patient Testimonial. Get a professional opinion from one of ARCHPOINT Implant Dentistry experts and learn how snap-on dentures can change your smile. We offer free initial consultations—including a 3D scan—for anyone considering dental implants in Dallas, Southlake or Ft. Worth. Call ARCHPOINT Implant Dentistry to reserve a no-pressure dental implant consultation.